Installing American Fridge and Freezer - 15mm - 22 mm expand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys, Can someone help me please? I just bought American style fridge and freezer with ice cube making facility and water pipe /coupler previous owners left behind has diameter of 15 mm while my cap has diameter of 22mm. I can't find expander anywhere just reducer from 22mm to 15mm which is wrong way round. None of the big chains B&Q, Homebase etc. seem to have it. Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
I am assuming you have an approx 8mm plastic pipe from the appliance culminating in a 3/4" threaded socket? (As you would find on a washing machine or dishwasher inlet hose?) 3/4" and 22mm are virtually the same, we are still using the imperial BSP measurements for threads in plumbing work.

Sponsored Links
Yes, that is right. Thanks a lot for your advice. I'll give it a go and see if I can make it work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back