Installing an Outside tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all
I’m new to the forum but wish to install an outside tap, are the kits you can get from the sheds any good. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
hello all
I’m new to the forum but wish to install an outside tap, are the kits you can get from the sheds any good. Thanks in advance

Show us links and we’ll give an honest opinion... usually they’re pants... especially anything self-tapping (as Dan said) and/or with a flexible pipe.

I used one of those self tapping ones to fit a dishwasher in our first house. Worked brilliantly. Two weeks later the toilet overflow was p1ssing out everywhere. I stripped it down and found a tiny copper disc wedged in the valve - the bit that had been cut out of the pipe, using the kit! It had travelled all the way along the pipes to the toilet. Never used one again.

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone, yes I was talking about the self cutting type. I will now do the job correctly and insert a tee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back