Installing central heating for novice

[quote="Softus
But I'm confused - your post at 12:35am contained valid and correctly working quoting. Can't you just keep doing what you did then?[/quote]

I'm trynig to fit in, conform, not atack CORGIs etc ...

what more do you want ?
(OK, good spelling)

Sponsored Links
There were some important characters missing from the above quote, which is why it went wrong.

Where you said:
[quote="Softus
It should have been like this: [ quote="Softus" ]

only without the space characters (before and after the square brackets) which I've added in order that this example gets displayed.

I'm curious - are you using the "quote" button (quick and easy), or manually constructing the quotes (very labour intensive)?

raden said:
I press the quote button and then cut the carp
It might look like carp, but other fish are getting caught in your net.

... just for you dahling
This is taking friendly banter just a teensy bit too far, IMHO.

Best wishes to you raden.
S.

Sponsored Links
gimchee said:
Nige - My name is Tony.

So is the Potterton prima F no good? I suppose it's an old model not meeting the SEDBUK energy efficiency rating, which would explain why it's been lying around gathering dust.

Best wishes
Hi, Tony, you`re right..but it may be useful for some spare parts.......I`ve got lost in the "banter" is it new, or just an old one someone`s removed?...........Pipework /rads will be easy, I can advise on that in a trice :LOL: Still comes down to the boiler.....and I would get the corgi in whatever.......maybe even let them supply the boiler.....nowt to stop you getting 3 quotes

Nige - the Potterton is new, still in the box. I'm gonna stick it on the company Ebay.

I've got concrete floors so I expect I will start running the plastic barrier pipe in the ceiling void above where the boiler will go and 15mm copper drops to the downstairs rads and copper also coming up to the upstairs rads. Will I need a manifold like my old microbore system?

gimchee said:
Nige - the Potterton is new, still in the box. I'm gonna stick it on the company Ebay.

I've got concrete floors so I expect I will start running the plastic barrier pipe in the ceiling void above where the boiler will go and 15mm copper drops to the downstairs rads and copper also coming up to the upstairs rads. Will I need a manifold like my old microbore system?

No, just tee off to 15mm.

No need for manifold - that's great! So once I've teed off to my rad which route does the return pipe take? This will be a different layout to what I had before so the design is not very clear to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back