Installing Dragon Wiser hub to replace old thermostat - wiring issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a Wiser smart home kit. I've removed my old Drayton dial and simply mounted the hub. It turns on fine and connects to the radiator smart values with no issue, however, when adjusting the temperature in the rooms, it didn't seem to call for heat from the boiler - the boiler didn't fire up, but the heating LED turns on. I'm therefore assuming there might be an issue with the wiring. There's also no 'click' either that used to come when turning the dial that in-turn fired up the boiler. Not sure if this exists on the hub when heat is called for.

I have a combi boiler, a British Gas WD RD532. This will be set up in a single channel.

Any advice and recommendation would be appreciated on getting the hub working to call for heat.

Attachments

• 20230721_210707.jpg
    20230721_210707.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 52
Sponsored Links
You should have a link between L and terminal 1. Did you use the old backplate? If yes, you’ll need to install the Wiser backplate.

Isn't the backplace from Wiser identical? It's the same as far as I can tell.

I queried about this link between L and terminal 1 and that is only when the boiler is 24V apparently?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back