Installing HeatLink/Nest and need a little help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Looking for a little help here if you don't mind. I need to install a HeatLink box to allow my Nest Thermostat to operate. A picture of my wiring centre is below:

As you can see it does not seem to tally with the descriptions, but I may be missing something - for example terminal 3 is clearly earth.

The wiring for the heatlink is shown below:

So I need to identify the call for heat, common and the two wires going to my existing drayton RTS1 stat. I suspect its terminals 1&2.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Looks like somebody has just made up there own wiring plan, I would consider rewiring it properly using the guide on the lid, your going to have to trace the wiring anyway to find out which is the call for heat ect.

Picasso - thanks, that will probably be beyond me so assume it's an electrician that I need?

It's never as easy as it seems :)

Sponsored Links
A certain large Nest installation company sent an electrician.

I can't remember if he was the one (out of the 4 that attended) that did the £700 worth of damage to the boiler, or was the one that ran away - literally.

The ironic thing is I had done half the ground work two years ago when I fitted a volt free room stat for the previous owner - all they had to do was power the Heat Link box. So should have taken someone 10 minutes :LOL:

Easy money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back