Nest Heatlink Install - Orientation, Vertical OK?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installed a nest on the parents in law's Y plan heating and HW set up.

Seems to work ok. He had an old programmer mounted just below the boiler where I needed to mount the Heatlink relay box.

Trouble was the standard mount plate for the old programmer had rear cable entry and the nest comes in from the bottom on each side.

Long story short, I ended up mounting the relay box on it's side, 90 degrees off horizointal so I could get the cables to feed in and reach the terminals in the heatlink. (i.e. instead of nest writing being horizontal, nest writing is running on its side, vertically up the wall, 90degrees off)

I didn't have the cables or joiners or heatshrink there to extend the feeds, and it would look a little messy with joints for 5 wires just outside the relay box.

Is this likely to be a problem, the heatlink mounted at 90 degrees to horiziontal? The relays operate after install ok.

The install manual is silent on it.

Thanks for help.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back