Installing Magnaclean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm interested in installing a Magnaclean (or having one installed professionally).

I have an open system with boiler, cylinder, etc. Looking at the details on their website I can see that the best place is on the return pipe of the central heating. There's not a lot of room above my boiler though so I'm not convinced it will fit.

It's possible it would go in the cupboard with the cylinder after the pump, which is supposed to be ok but not the best. Is there anywhere else it could go?

I was wondering where other people tend to fit them, or do most people have enough space above the boiler?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Look on their website and read the instructions. You will find alternative installation positions.
Steve

On the return pipe as close to the boiler as practicable.
If there is not a lot of room above the boiler, cut the pipe, run it down to below the boiler, into the filter there, and out of the filter back up. This way you add a gravity trap as well.

I don't believe for one moment that many people modify the return just above the boiler - when added to an existing installation, they get fitted wherever is easiest.

Sponsored Links
I don't believe for one moment that many people modify the return just above the boiler - when added to an existing installation, they get fitted wherever is easiest.
Bearing in mind that the majority of jobs are done in the quickest, easiest and cheapest way, rather than the best way, you just might be right.

Why not tell us how it should be done in your expert opinion, based on many years experience.

I'm surprised that you need telling - you follow the MIs.

aahh think i`m seeing a poster pattern here

Goldberg = Legion = WWE Wrestlers...mmmmmm

ergo

Goldberg = Legion = CHARLIECHAPLINSPANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, so it is not just a shortass with a chip on his shoulder, it's a real troll

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back