magnaclean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does the magnaclean have to go by the boiler or can it be sited above the central heating pump upstairs in the airing cupboard?

System is a baxi solo heat only system with loft tank and vent.

Boiler is in the garage

Thanks

Sponsored Links
it can go after the pump, or anywhere on the return but not between the boiler and vent.

remember you will have to open it to empty out the sludge from time to time, so allow enough room.

If it is above the pump in your airing cupboard I would think that you are refering to flow pipes.

This must be fitted in the return to the boiler for maximum effect and protection of the boiler.

Sponsored Links
great stuff, thanks. So I take it you mean fit it between the pump and 3 way valve? The 3 way is below the pump. If that's correct, thanks

As I understand it, you should fit these devices in the return flow as near to the boiler as possible, as this prevents any crud picked up when the circulant passes through the radiators, entering the boiler heat exchanger.

Before the 3-way valve is still in the flow rather than the return... but obviously it depends where you have scope to fit it.

I recently fitted a Fernox Boiler Buddy in-line in the return flow above the boiler. Now I can spend hours watching the circulant pass through... ;)

DH2

watch out thats the first sign of madness.
smiley_128.gif

This must be fitted in the return to the boiler for maximum effect and protection of the boiler.

I agree with this comment, however the instructions do indicate its ok to fit it between pump and valves, and BG are doing this as standard practice in my area. I always fit them on the return personally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back