Installing nest 3 on combi boiler with unvented indirect cylinder.

Sponsored Links
The pictures have attempted descriptions if you click on them

I could be wrong, but not sure if you have heating on and hot water on mixed up at Nest? What did you remove?

Thanks! I thought that at first too, so I switched the blue and brown wires on the nest (3 and 6) but then the radiators didn't turn on. Perhaps my setting of the nest wasn't accurate at the time.

Can I ask why you think this?

Sponsored Links
Yes, because if they were the same colour in the old programmer then they should be the same in the Nest, then you need to sort the black wire out from old thermostat wall should work. This black wire is your on signal.

Sorry but you shouldnt be touching the wiring to an unvented cylinder unless you are qualified to do so, it has additional safety features that need to be wired correctly, there will be an overheat thermostat on the cylinder try re-setting it and see if the HW comes on

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back