installing new combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all,

im new to this site.

im wanting to remove the old system from my house and install a combi new combi boiler.

the old system is unvented system? there is a tank in the loft and storage tank in the airing cuboard and a boiler in thew garage.

nothing wrong with the system all working fine, but only able to get 2 maybe 3 baths from this system.. i really want hot water on tap as and when i require it.

so what i really want to know is how much hassel is it to remove old system and replace with combi. and will my new boilder be in the garage and how much pipe work will i have to alter to make this work.??????????

thanks any help will be nicely recieved.

Sponsored Links
I would really have to see the proper layout to decide how easy an adaptable the old system is.

You may find installing a combi boiler onto old pipework and old radiators will cause problems down the line possible leaks etc.

The tank in the loft would be removed, and also the cylinder in your airing cuboard so that creates more space, the location of the boiler is up to yourself where you want it, as long as it meets the manufacturers instructions etc.

I would get a free quote from a company and ask he or she the questions you need answered they're and then.

Sponsored Links
nothing wrong with the system all working fine, but only able to get 2 maybe 3 baths from this system.. i really want hot water on tap as and when i require it.

If you can fill three baths from the cylinder then you're doing pretty well. Why on earth would you want to run more, or even anywhere near, three baths?!

so what i really want to know is how much hassel is it to remove old system and replace with combi.

How long is a piece of string. For a Gas Safe registered installer, probably not too much effort, perhaps a couple of days work.

and will my new boilder be in the garage and how much pipe work will i have to alter to make this work.??????????

Your installer probably wont have to modify all that much, but I'll just look into my crystal ball to be sure. It's a fair bet that the gas supply may be undersized for a combi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back