Installing new vertical radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but browsing it has been very helpful!

I plan to install some B&Q Vertirad radiators into my new kitchen, and I'd like to have the feed and outlet coming straight from/into the wall, with the TRV and lockshield valve pointing outwards as opposed to the pipes coming from below as normal.

The problem, as I see it, is that in future it may be difficult to remove the radiator for flushing, should the need arise, as there won't be much by way of pipe showing and they would be no "spring" to move the pipe and its valve from the radiator. With the feed from below, there's normally enough length of pipe for it to move.

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to ensure that it will be easy to remove the radiator in future?

Sponsored Links
From my recollection the vertirad valve entry points are on the sides, not underneath, so you should be ok. Once you undo the nuts for lockshield/trv you should have a bit of play to be able to remove the radiator.

Thanks! You are correct - the radiators do feed from the side. My fear was that with only about 2" of pipe showing, there wouldn't be much "give" to move the valves out of the way.

If your system doesn't need flushing now, and presumably it doesn't, then provided you put enough inhibitor in when you refill it never will do

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back