Installing Pedistal trap on basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, when fitting a basin and pedistal do most people use the striaght through pedistal traps, if the waste is coming from below? Has any one got any tips for connecting the waste with these as it seem quite tight to get in to tighten etc.

Sponsored Links
smaller hands ?

Yeh they are a pain and even more so if you get it nice and tight then the b*gger drips.

What do you mean by the "straight through" A HEP style with the flat rubber tube or a compact S with inlet and outlet in the same alignment.

I normally sit the basin on the pedestal and loosly fit fischer bolts. Then carefully twist the pedestal to one side as much as I dare so that it is still taking the weight of the basin. Connect up all the waste nice and tight. Then slide the pedestal back into position and finally tighten the fischer bolts.

Sponsored Links
Options, in the order of preference (mine):

Pedestal trap
HepvO
Bottle trap with swivel/street/MxF elbow
S trap

bottle trap with street elbow would be alot easy, would be able to so the waste pipe going down from the street elbow. I can't realy fit the basin first as it only has screw holes no holes for fisher fixing bolts or similar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back