Installing second hand dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing a second hand fully integrated slimline dishwasher in my kitchen. Is it sufficient to secure it only to the worktop, or should I attach it to the side of the cabinets it sits between as well?

Sponsored Links
Securing it to the worktop would be fine plus I would recommend cutting a piece of the old worktop to the size of the base of the dishwasher and placing it where the dishwasher is to be then push the dishwasher on top of it as if you plan on tiling the floor or have vinyl flooring then when you have to remove it in the future it will be so much easier .

Thanks for that. The machine in question is a Beko DW 450. According to the installation manual ( just a series of diagrams with no explanation) the height between the bottom of the legs and the top of the unit is adjustable between 820 and 870mm. However, it also says that the legs should not be set to more than 50mm height. Which ,makes it impossible to raise the total height to 870mm. I'm a bit puzzled.

The feet extend about 3 inches max but i would defo use worktop under it as the more you unscrew the legs the more unstable it becomes

Sponsored Links
It's going to be a while before I can install it fully under the counter and attach it. Is it safe to use it freestanding as a temporary measure?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back