Installing Shelving.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of installing some adjustable shelving but I'm a little confused as to the maximum width apart the tracks for the brackets should be!

Even the manufacture of the tracks/brackets contridicts themselves! On their upright fixing kit packet it says no more than 60cm apart, but on a installation guide I downloaded from their website it says no more than 90cm apart!

So what distance should they be apart? I'm using 18mm thick chipboard, 800x250mm?

Also, what should the gap be between the track and the back of the shelf to ensure I can lift it out when needed?

Sponsored Links
the spacing depends on what you are going to put on the shelves, the more dense it is the closer the supports must be

Sponsored Links
Do you have a link to a guide or something that shows the correct distance they should be?

no.

but as i said it depends on weight of books, material bracket is made of, fixing method, material of wall, its simple really

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back