Installing shower tray-walls not straight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm installing a quadrant upstand shower tray but the walls are not straight. It is sitting flush in the corner of the two walls but then the upstand sits behind the plasterboard about 10-15mm at each end. I'm worried the shower enclosure will end up being too big when fitted. Any idea of how much you can get away with and the enclosure still fit ok?

Sponsored Links
Are these new walls? Are we talking stud partition or dot & dab? Presumably the walls are out of square &, from what you say, by a long way. A couple of mm isn’t going to make a lot of difference but that much is certainly going to be noticeable even if you get the quadrant enclosure to fit OK; if you carry on as you are it’s very much a question of suck it & see!

You should not be using plasterboard of any sort unless you’re going to tank it & even then it’s not ideal as it won't last! Waterproof tile backer board is what you should be using. As for shower trays with upstands, I never use them, not worth the hassle & create more problems than they are worth!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back