Installing Shower Wall Board Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not used shower wall board before. I'm preparing the en-suite in my son's new house to fit shower wall board (acrylic) to the 3 walls around it. It will be across one end of the room and the tray will be 800 x 1400 with the acrylic board on all 3 sides. The shower tray (Mira with upstands) fits tight into the space, so much so that we've had to shave the plasterboard at the bottom by a few mms on each side. Unfortunately the walls are slightly over 90 degrees, in that the far end of the room is 50 mm wider than the shower end. (I've checked the adjacent rooms and the walls are all parallel!)

We would prefer to have the acrylic wall board square to the shower tray, so what would it be best to do the mount the board square in the 800 mm shower side areas? I imagine over the 800 mm it will be around 6 to 8 mm out at the edges. Should I take off the plasterboard and put some sort of spacers behind to bring the corners to 90 degrees?

Sponsored Links
You could try spacers but will need to add sufficient to avoid flex. Also have you checked that it will be 90 degrees in all planes, sometimes the board needs ripping to cover the corner being out of vertical as well as out of horizontal.

If space permits can you build a frame, board over (again) and bring the whole thing out

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back