Installing Towel Radiator on pipe 708mm apart?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This has been asked a few times and I have seen different answers, but none that may fit my problem (ish)

I got carried away tiling the floor and wall, then thought about the radiator

The pipes are 708mm apart and I want to put in a tall towel radiator.

An ideas on how to do it best?

I was thinking
1) Bendy pipes
2) lots of angles
3) take off skirtingboard, try to 'ease' pipes behind it, maybe remove a couple of titles , use bendy pipes to get right width and then have the towel radiator pipes coming our of the wall.

All advice welcome (not bought a radiator yet)
Img should hopefully be attached
[/img]

p.s. my skills are limited, but willing to give anything a go (took 2 attempts to lay the floor properly...

Sponsored Links
I haven't bought one yet luckily
But they seem to be either

450, 500 or 600mm wide

Sponsored Links
KEV

What would I do with that?
Would I put a right angle bend on the pipe, use that to reduce the gap, then another right angle bend, or the actual radiator valve?

Hang the towel rail, cut the pipes low to the floor, then up to the towel rail, then a small boxing and tile over it (checking for leaks first ) ;)

go to city plumbing and ask for radiator extension tails they sell the adjustable ones, tell them you need 50 to 60mm on each.
alternatively plumb center sell fixed ones in 20,30,& 40mm

and what use are they when the holes come out the bottom not the side of the towel rad ?

It's never gonna look particularly good whatever you do now. It would have been a better option to have bought the new Towel rad then brought the pipes out from the wall at the correct distance.

As it is now, just cut the microbore down, then set the pipes to meet a Towel rad with straight Radiator valves

and what use are they when the holes come out the bottom not the side of the towel rad ?

and exactly where in the OP's post does it say they come out the bottom?

you can get towel rails and vertical rails with side entries.

you can also get 1/2" male to female elbows in black or chrome

There is a sizeable difference between your existing pipe centre measurements, and ones for even the longest towel rad. Trying to bridge the gap is going to make this job into a real dog's dinner. Shame since you have invested in nice tiles.

You mention that you have already had 2 attempts at tiling the floor. You may need a third attempt. Chisel out a floor tile or two near one of the pipes, and move the pipe closer to the other one.

A pain, but why spoil the ship................

Are you still in blighty Kev, or have you managed to get back over The Pond?

Still hoping to get their myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back