Installing Worcester plume management kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Merry Christmas

Does anyone have any dealings with fitting?

I’m going to have to use a 1 meter extension with the original kit. To get the plume away from a CCTV Cam and Pir.

What I want to know is do you have any tips how to ensure I mark the brackets position correctly? Also what drill bit is required for the plug..

Thanks

D

Sponsored Links
Can the cctv & pir be relocated ?

That will be your only diy option :idea:

Sponsored Links
Presumably a recent installation to have suddenly become an issue.

Contact the installer.

Not familiar with Worcester flue some need dismantling to fit a plume kit. Either way needs doing by someone qualified and testing afterwards.

Yes I just wanted to know the regs to go back to someone, I will contact the installer. Basically the bulb had gone in my security light and I’ve not used it, of course I now fix it and the PIR keeps picking up the plume.

Thanks all

Actually it's the gas safety installation and use regs that make it a criminal offence to work on a flue system for reward unless you are a registered installer. For DIY work for yourself you merely have to be competent, which would mean understanding exactly what can go wrong and how to avoid it, and being able to do the appropriate testing after, as well as reference to the manufacturer's installation instructions. If you're not competent, again it's a criminal offence.

++++++++++++
Moderators note

Added to which, on this site we do not permit advice on DIY (unqualified) gas work
++++++++++++

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back