Hi Arkie, after a some more research I believe you are right. The back wall is not on the boundary of the property or near it so b regs don't apply but if someone starts a fire it is a concern-I'll probably clad it in a fibre-cement board like Magply or Cemboard and hope no one lights a fire!
On the right, the boundary it a viewer emailed me saying a visit by his b regs department said that you can have 1m2 of combustible material but no more and my soffits and fascias exceed this, even if the window and door is removed.
However, my understanding is that I don't need anything internal to meet fire class 0.

That's lucky reading the fire!

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the journey Al! Your's was the inspiration behind my build (which I pulled down and started again following your advice). I hope you use the knowledge you gained to take on greater challenges in the future. Or else just kick back and enjoy what you have! All the best.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back