Insulating a loft with NO internal hatch access

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am new to this so please bear with me.
We moved into our house last Nov and two rooms were very cold and Both have no access to the roof space.

The First room is the 4th Bedroom that was build as a 1st Floor extension 5 years ago. There is no access to the roof space from within the room or from within the main loft space as they did not knock through.

The Second room is the ground floor 1 storey extension that is 20 year old.
There is no loft hatch in this room either. This room is like an ice cube in winter, but we are having new windows installed this week to help keep the heat in this room, but again i do not know what insulation, if any is above this room.

Could someone tell me what options i have to get insulation above these two rooms that will not cost the Earth!

Will i need to take part of the roof off and come in from that way?
Or will i need to put in hatches. (It would look odd in the down stairs room)
Or will both ceiling need to come down?
Or is there another method?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Claire

Sponsored Links
Probably would be better to gain access from underneath cutting a small section of plasterboard out large enough to climb through.
Simply to repair too just reboard and skim in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back