insulating a summer house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
wooden summer house, i was thinking of boarding it inside with insulation
i have some spare handy rolls of rock wool which i was thinking of cutting into square blocks and then putting them into tie up black bin liners and putting these behind blanks of wood pine which i will be using to l;ine the insidr of the summer house will this be ok

Sponsored Links
is you inside 100% dry ??
my shed was 100% dry for about 4 years and i fitted rockwool tightly[100mm into a 3" gap]4 years on it fine as i have no leaks
you should have air gap breathable membrane insulation
i have covered the inside with 12mm ply and the roof with 6mm ply you can hang anything you like off the walls without further support

do not use plastic it will cause condensation and stop the shed breathing

you need to keep up the protection 2 coats every 2 or 3 years to keep water tight
a small amount off water can slowly "breath through the ply but we are talking a very small amount with any leaks that may wet the insulation would require the path sealed and internal cladding removed to allow the insulation to dry or be replaced

my shed before insulation
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/bigall2005/?action=view&current=e1e47346.pbw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back