insulating bathroom extractor pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a fairly long length of the flexible hosing in the loft coming from the showers extractor fan.

Everything was good until I insulated the loft. The pipe runs flat along above the insulation and it's now holding water. I think it's happening due to loft temperature being near-freezing which is causing the steam to turn back to water.

Has anyone else had this problem? All I can think of at the moment us just to lag the pipe with another length of loft insulation on top (not fixed down) - or is this a bad idea?

Cheers,
Steve.

Sponsored Links
Replace the flex pipe in loft with same size PVC piping and make sure then is a downward angle towards the outside so the condensate drains away.

Thanks, I was thinking about doing that with some soil pipe, it's good to hear it from somebody else!

I think it's a 100mm ducting at the moment, so I think I'll try and find a way of connecting them together and go for it.

cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back