Insulating & damp proofing concrete + underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just after some advice on insulating and damp proofing an existing concrete floor and putting a wet underfloor heating system down.

Even though we're rebuilding a large proportion of the bungalow and putting on a new roof (forming a 1.5 storey property), due to planning reasons I can't lose too much height in the rooms. Doors etc are not a problem as only a couple will remain and there are currently no stairs. The rooms are currently 235cm high so was planning on around 100mm for the new floor height, give or take.

I was planning on laying a damp proof membrane across all floors and then laying some Celotex PIR insulation on top - about 50-60mm. I was then planning to fix the underfloor heating (wet piped) straight onto the insulation boards, and then screed over the whole lot - approx 40-50mm of screed. On top of this will be engineered wooden floors and tiles (either large ceramic or porcelin). Does this sound sufficient / correct or should I be considering an alternative approach.

Cheers,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back