Insulating UPVC Porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just moved into a house that has a UPVC porch on the front. I know they are really meant o tact as a buffer to keep warm air in the house and cold air out, but ours is ridiculously cold.

I there anything I can do to improve the situation?

The porch has double glazed panels at the top and UPVC panels from waist height down.

I did think about attaching plasterboard over the UPVC parts as they are the really cold bit, but wasn't sure if this would make much difference.

Sponsored Links
Pointless, it's an external room, it's supposed to be cold, you are in it for 20 seconds while you access the property.

Sponsored Links
If you aren't heating the space then any insulation you add has nothing to keep in.
Check for gaps around the frame perimeter that may be draughty and making it feel colder .

About the third this week complaining about a uPVC room/consevatory being cold. Its in the design, are they not hot in the summer.

You give people the right answers and they still complain!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back