Insulation advice... Old loft conversion crawl space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our house has always been cold... In an attempt to find out why I popped my head into one of our crawlspaces in our lost conversion.

See attached image - Looks a state.

We have about 15 meters of crawl space like this that needs to be insulated. Below this section is our living room, but it extends across another 3 ground floor rooms.

To the right of the photo (hard to see), we have a stud wall - im going to add 100mm insulation board to this.

Between the main floor rafters, Ill be adding standard 100 roll insulation.

So my question - is there any issues you can see, anything I need to be made aware of/anything I'm missing?
and finally - is the insulation on the roof rafters doing anything - it looks like someone used old skirting board as buttons to hold it in space :/

thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_5835.jpg
    IMG_5835.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 86
Sponsored Links
You'd be better off insulating the rear of the ashlar wall with Kingspan and insulating between the joists rather than rafters - no point insulating the storage space itself.

You'd be better off insulating the rear of the ashlar wall with Kingspan and insulating between the joists rather than rafters - no point insulating the storage space itself.

Ah, "ashlar wall" Ive been struggling to come up with a name for that!
but thanks! What you say makes perfect sense. Super helpful

That's what a mate off mine did.
Insulate the wall and ceiling.

Do you have felt or can you see tiles/gaps?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back