insulation for large party wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My internal garage conversion has got as far as insulation. I have a large party wall (8m x 4m tapering to 2.8m, total 27m2) to insulate. My builder has recommended metal hangers because they're guaranteed to be straight, unlike wood battens. I'm struggling to find them anywhere and wondering what is the precise name of the thing I should be searching for. Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can just pack out the battens if the wall is not flat.

Not familiar with these 'hangers' do you mean metal studs?

Metal Stud

My internal garage conversion has got as far as insulation. I have a large party wall (8m x 4m tapering to 2.8m, total 27m2) to insulate. My builder has recommended metal hangers because they're guaranteed to be straight, unlike wood battens. I'm struggling to find them anywhere and wondering what is the precise name of the thing I should be searching for. Thanks
Are you on about metal studs?

Sponsored Links
CLS is either straight when you get it, or straight by the time it's fixed to the wall. Or better still for this purpose, roofing battens.

metal
er..ok.

Don't be surprised to get either a confused look or something completely different to what you need, should you go into a builders merchants asking for 'rails'. (y)
Sorry, turned out studs was exactly what I was looking for

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back