Insulation on Block and Beam Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are about to insulate a block and beam floor with 100mm celotex and then put 65mm screed on top of that. Bit worried that the block and beam floor is a bit uneven and that the insulation may move when laid on top of it ... and crack the screed. Am I worrying unnecessarily or do I need to make the block and beam floor more level before putting the insulation sheets down.... and if so how is this best achieved ? Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's just uneven - the rain sits in puddles on it in the lower patches - so not level all over.

Sponsored Links
just worried that the sheets of insulation may not lie flat - so may move especially when the screed is actually being put down on it.

DSCN7237 copy.jpg

I meant with the rainwater! :)

Is it really up to 15mm? Stick a long level on it to check.

You can cut your insulation Union Jack style to allow it to fit better but depends on the undulations, don't forget the polythene sheet over the top of the insulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back