Insurance for OAP?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having got the MOT sorted ref my previous thread, I now need to sort out insurance for my 85 year old father in law. His renewal is £580 which has nearly doubled from last year.

Insuring old people is much the same as insuring young ones. I just wonder if anyone is aware of any insurers who are sympathetic to old folk?

Mike

Sponsored Links
A difficult one Mike...as you've no doubt found, OAP's aren't catered for on the multi choice websites.
I have the same problem with my 87 yr old Dad...although I don't let him drive he still insists on insurance - 'just in case'. He had to stick with his previous insurer, and I believe they are legally obliged to provide so long as his health declarations are true. I suppose in this case we should be grateful that they can get cover at all!
John :)

Try this. You could give the SAGA or Rias websites a browse or just CAR+INSURANCE+OLDER+DRIVER into google.

Sponsored Links
I always do mine through confused.com, got my group 14 XM below £100 this year. I'm a mere 70 but I have not found anything like those quotes from an independent company. Give it a try, it doesn't cost anything - or one of the other online brokers.

Back