Inta shower valve help please :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I hope you can give me some advice.
I recently purchased a IntA VUE exposed shower.
I have just fitted the shower and need to increase the temperature.

Unfortunately the instructions in the installation book do not relate to this shower valve.

I have been in touch with Inta several times and it appears I have an updated valve in the shower that the book does not cover.

They finally advised to remove the steel circlip you can see in the photo then to rotate the splined spindle anti clockwise this will then increase the temperature.

IMG_2719Largee-mailview.jpg

IMG_2720Largee-mailview.jpg

I have tried this but the spindle just turns with no increase in temperature.

The pipe to the back of the valve is hot so I know a hotter temperature is available but I just cant get the shower adjusted to increase the temperature of the flow.

Can anyone please tell me how I increase the temperature on this particular shower valve as Inta themselves seem to have no idea.

I hope you can help.

Thanks Jim

Sponsored Links
Hi guys

I hope you can give me some advice.
I recently purchased a IntA VUE exposed shower.
I have just fitted the shower and need to increase the temperature.

They finally advised to remove the steel circlip you can see in the photo then to rotate the splined spindle anti clockwise [I have tried this but the spindle just turns with no increase in temperature.

I hope you can help.

Thanks Jim
did you try clockwise :idea: I wouldn`t trust a munfacturer who knows so little to know their arse from their elbow :mrgreen:

Hi Nige

Yes I have tried turning both ways with no difference in temperature.

I was very disapointed with the manufacturer they seemed to know sweet F. A about the valve and how to adjust it.

SOunds like it's the company that's the shower...

WHat you'd normally do would be leave the steel circlip alone, but remove the brass front one withte "nib" at 9 o'clock, turn the splined spindle anticlockwise, put the brass bit back so it turns more to the right before hitting the stop.
Failing that, remove the big nut and find out what's wrong with the thing.
Good chance the cartridge is faulty, - they should send you another one FOC. But then again... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
SOunds like it's the company that's the shower...

WHat you'd normally do would be leave the steel circlip alone, but remove the brass front one withte "nib" at 9 o'clock, turn the splined spindle anticlockwise, put the brass bit back so it turns more to the right before hitting the stop.
Failing that, remove the big nut and find out what's wrong with the thing.
Good chance the cartridge is faulty, - they should send you another one FOC. But then again... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info Chris I will give it a go.

A quick update

After speaking to inta again (Stuart was very helpful in the technical dept) it turns out I did have the wrong instructions for the cartridge that was fitted to it.
They are now sending ma a replacement cartridge :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back