Integrated Fridge freezer ratios

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an integrated CDA Fridge Freezer which is over 10 years old and the freezer seems to have given up the ghost. Instead of getting it repaired we've decided to replace it. However I am not sure which measurements I should be using to identify the correct ratio of integrated fridge/freezer to buy. These are the measurements I have

Fridge freezer door length dimensions
Fridge 100 cm
Freezer 63 cm
Closest ration 60:40

Outer cabinet door length dimensions
Cabinet door over fridge 124 cm
Cabinet door over freezer 74 cm
Closest ration 60:40

Volume of fridge and freezer
Fridge 200 litres
Freezer 60 litres
Closest ratio 80:20

As you can see the ratio based on the volume of the compartments is significantly different to the ratios arrived at using lengths.

Which ratio should be used? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
We had the same dilemma, you'll need to find one with the appliance door split at the same height as your cabinet door split, irrespective of ratio. By your dimensions it seems your cabinet is 198 tall but your existing appliance is 163 tall, so you have about a foot of dead space - again, we had similar. We found the best size match we could, but fitted the appliance on a new shelf inside the cabinet so that it was about 3 inches higher up so that the door heights matched.

Beware of appliance exact dimensions, some were a couple of mm too deep or wide to fit inside our cabinet. And beware the capacities drastically vary. Make sure you can hinge the doors from the side you need. And beware of built-in drawers cos some models need the door opened further than 90 degrees to get the drawers out without hitting the compartment on the door where you keep your milk.

Thanks for the advise. Purchased 60:40 Hotpoint. Had to change the doors over, but I used the existing door fittings from the previous unit. Fits perfectly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back