Integrated fridge moving when opening door

Well done, perseverance pays. You could now ask Curry's if they need a decent fitter.;) Or at least show these posts & ask for a refund.

Sponsored Links
I don't think its ever worth paying for an install. If it needs any sort of fittings, waste, isolating taps etc unless they are already in place they don't want to know.

I don't think its ever worth paying for an install. If it needs any sort of fittings, waste, isolating taps etc unless they are already in place they don't want to know.
I 100% agree. I 99% of the time, I never pay for installs on anything , especially things like this. For example they wanted to charge £90 to install a bed that literally came in two pieces and you just had to screw the latch in to hold them to together... it's a joke! A toddler could of done this and for £90??? Yes I'm exaggerating but you get my point lol.

The only reason I opt'd for install on this one is because I had never been in a property that has integrated units and I was very concerned about pulling the appliances out and ripping off pipework or wires behind off the walls etc.

Felt it better to be left to them to do that and if they damage it, they've got liability to fix it all etc. I was at war with myself though over this prior to them coming, debating on cancelling or not... and I wished I had! Was a waste of money which I somewhat knew anyway but yes... lesson learnt that's for sure! They all just try to cut corners and get onto the next...

They still haven't come to install the washer yet, but if I cancel that one I'll be left with the old washing machine. NOt sure how I'd get rid of it to be honest.... :unsure:

You can usually take washers to the tip... sorry Recycling Centre.:oops: try not to do what the scumbags do and chuck it in a hedge!

Sponsored Links
You can usually take washers to the tip... sorry Recycling Centre.:oops: try not to do what the scumbags do and chuck it in a hedge!

I'd never chuck it anywhere don't worry. I'd sooner pay this install man the £100 or whatever it is to install and take the old one before I chuck the old one anywhere! I'm not one of "those" people don't worry :D

Yeah I'm not sure how I'd get this washer in the car without breaking everything including me lol

Look up local scrap merchants we have a couple who tour the area looking for scrap. We place it in the front garden visible from the road and 45 minutes later its normally gone!

I use a sack truck best £25 quid I’ve ever spent.

They still haven't come to install the washer yet, but if I cancel that one I'll be left with the old washing machine. NOt sure how I'd get rid of it to be honest.... :unsure:

Around here, if you just leave such things at the end of the drive, the scrap men will have it away in no time. The exceptions are fridges and freezers.

:D

Yeah I'm not sure how I'd get this washer in the car without breaking everything including me lol

A good part of the weight of a washer, is the concrete weights on the drum. If it's scrap, just unbolt those and they are much lighter to handle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back