Integrated fridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I've bought a integrated fridge and unit from b and q. Built the unit, put fridge in and it's about and inch to big at the front. The frame of the fridge is the same level as the frame on the unit so the doors stick out. I've took the metal supports of the back of the cabinet, does anyone know I I need to remove the back of the cupboard for it to fit?

Sponsored Links
So where is the DIY electrical question?

Shouldn't you be asking in on a carpentry, or kitchen fitting forum?

Is the plug socket directly behind the fridge? If so this is why the fridge does not go back far enough and make it flush with the rest of the kitchen cabinets.

A new socket will be required somewhere else (nearby) and the fridge plugged into that.

Not sure of the rules of having sockets mounted inside cabinets but iI expect someone else can advise.

Sorry I hadn't realised there was a kitchen section.

No there is no plug behind its above, its the back panel on the kitchen unit which is stopping the fridge going back so not sure if I need to remove that

Sponsored Links
Well, I would say yes, if the back panel is definitely stopping it.

The instructions just say to fully build the cabinet and put fridge in but the fridge is obviously to deep for the cupboard.

I've googled and some other people have had same problem but no ones answered there posts as what's best to do

Normally in order to accommodate a built-in fridge or oven etc, the back panel needs to be removed from the unit in question. In the case of my units, it's just retained by two philips screws two thirds of the way up the panel. Removing those screws lets the back panel slide out, revealing the socket behind it.

Who is the actual manufacturer of the fridge and the cabinet? Maybe they supply instructions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back