Integrated fridge replacing, power source 3m away! Advice please

For me, I have just used a 13A flex connector to extend the lead, simples!
That's just a junction box with cable clamps. We havent even got around to arguing about the size, shape, type and colour of the junction.

In any case, the OP may find that his new fridge comes with a 4 metre lead already connected, so any further speculation is just so much more wasted time.

Sponsored Links

View attachment 320316
So after that you then used the correct wire which you fitted into a plug so the moulded plug that comes on it is void.
I know I sound dumb as here but I want to know whats safe and what is not before hubby starts pulling things apart.

Is there a specific size cable/wire/flex we need to use and what amp plug?

Sponsored Links
which would mean 2 junction boxes if we want to use the original moulded plug, but if not one followed by cable and a plug of the same amps.
1699539753524.png

View attachment 320316
Ideal product for the situation

At this point lots of information has been given and most is useful.

Can I suggest you show your husband this thread before he starts and invite him to ask for further assistance if he requires more help than we have given so far.

Eureka - of course, you can cut the socket off the extension lead and use that plug and flex - only one junction box then.

Sorry!! Anxiety ridden woman alert!! Thank you, appreciate all the advice as will hubby.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back