Integrated power shower problem

Sponsored Links
if you have no supply to filters then the supply pipeworks airlocked or the isolation valves are closed.

did you let the pipes run when the filters were out ?

if you have no supply to filters then the supply pipeworks airlocked or the isolation valves are closed.

did you let the pipes run when the filters were out ?

Sorry but i'm getting really confused. Remember this is an integrated power shower with the pump inside the unit on the wall. I removed the two small metal coils from the hot and cold inlets and they were perfectly clean but no water despite pump running. I think it is an airlock somewhere in the pipework leading to the shower but where do I start to sort that out?

Assuming it is an airlock on either the hot or cold but not both would it completely stop the unit sucking in water from both hot and cold tanks?

Sorry but i'm getting really confused. Remember this is an integrated power shower with the pump inside the unit on the wall.

i think i know a as2000xt inside out after all this time.

hhubbb005.jpg

I removed the two small metal coils from the hot and cold inlets and they were perfectly clean but no water despite pump running.
forget running the shower isolate the power.
isolate hot/cold.
remove filters.
open hot is it running freely ?
open cold is it running freely ?
i want to know is water running from hot/cold filters.
if so replace fiters.

then we will go from here.

Assuming it is an airlock on either the hot or cold but not both
if your not getting any flow it must be both.
uncommon for them to both get airlocked unless tank has run empty.

would it completely stop the unit sucking in water from both hot and cold tanks?

the pump does not suck it pumps.
the flow to the pump is only gravity.

Sponsored Links
Apologies for sounding thick but I am a complete novice at this and hence my lack of understanding of the terminology.

I much appreciate your help though and will have another go at this tomorrow and get back. I hadn't realised that the water could run through the unit without the pump going - sorry.

Just realised when I removed the filters I still had both hot and cold supplies turned on so does that mean there is an airlock on both?

I hadn't realised that the water could run through the unit without the pump going - sorry.

don't know how long the showers been in or if you fitted it.
but this is how you prime these showers without the pump running.

when you check if water is running from the filters get something to cover the pcb on the right etc or tape a carrier bag under the filters.
saves any internal damage.

Just realised when I removed the filters I still had both hot and cold supplies turned on so does that mean there is an airlock on both?

if you removed them without turning water off then yes.
you must of ran the loft tank nearly empty to useally cause that on both.

sorry to butt in but what filters are you checking ? there are four filters the top two are for top or rear piping and the bottom two for bottom entry, seems very unusual for both feeds to airlock at the same time.

if you removed them without turning water off then yes.
you must of ran the loft tank nearly empty to useally cause that on both.

Just checked and the cold water tank is full to the correct level.

The power shower was installed professionally 18 months ago and has worked perfectly until now.

the tank can be full but you can still get an airlocked pipe.
does the cold supply come straight down from the tank to shower or across the loft etc ?

OK - Now I feel really thick. I had removed the filters for the bottom inlet but mine are straight in from the back. Tested these seperately and both flow. I cannot however manage to remove the filters to check if they need cleaning. I tried tweezers without success - what should I use and what is my next step please?

useally a small flat screwdriver will lift them out or long nose pliers.
if your pipework comes in from the back they will useally enter the top fittings.

OK - both seem clean but have swapped with the unused ones from the bottom inlets just in case.

What do I do next please?

p.s It was top entry fittings

the pipes enter the top fittings.

you get water out of the bottom filters but none out of the top filters ?

the pipes enter the top fittings.

you get water out of the bottom filters but none out of the top filters ?

No - Top fittings are the supply and I am getting hot and cold from the top.

It was just that I swapped the filters from the unused bottom ones to the top and vv.

Shall I put everthing back together now and see what happens?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back