Integrated power shower problem

How do I test that the multimeter is working.

no you are getting technical.
to be honest i've never really used an analog multimeter been with a digital one that does it all itself it makes you lazy.

try it on the next setting up, its basically gining me a reading that i suspected anyway.

I so much appreciate your help but I am feeling out of my depth and really don't feel comfortable dealing with electricity. Is is your guess that the solenoid on the shower has broken? If so is it worth replacing or getting a new shower? After this I think I need to call it a day and go over the pub.

Sponsored Links
you have flow at both your inlet filters, but no flow from the shower hose ?
i suspect the solenoid coil has failed.

quite common on these and electric showers over any other fault.
get a new solenoid coil only about £12.
rather than £150 for a new shower.

if you was local you could have one out of my van. ;)

but anyone at the pub got a digital meter ? :idea:

imagesnvchm.jpg

Thank you so much for your patience with me. I will get a new solenoid and let you know what happens in due course.

Take care.

Sponsored Links

Solenoid replaced. Tested using the jumper over the middle two terminals on the PCB. Turned on power - Water ran by gravity. Fitted everything back together and all worked perfectly.

Then managed to drop the shower head spray against the bath which split it completely in half. Oh well these things are sent to try us.

Anyway thanks again for all your help. - Cheers.

Solenoid replaced. Tested using the jumper over the middle two terminals on the PCB. Turned on power - Water ran by gravity. Fitted everything back together and all worked perfectly.

Then managed to drop the shower head spray against the bath which split it completely in half. Oh well these things are sent to try us.

Anyway thanks again for all your help. - Cheers.
well least you got the shower running now.
what more can i say about the shower head.
scratch-head02-idea-animated-animat.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back