Intelligent boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Worcester Greenstar 40CDI

It seems (to me) that it has a lot of intelligence in the computer within BUT it's pretty poor in my view at describing what problems it has.

I know about the service codes etc, I suppose what I'm saying is, are there any boilers that are

A: good boilers (ie heating water efficiency)
B: have a good human interface to show internal diagnostics?

Perhaps B: is technically possible but manufacturers don't want to offer it because it would encourage people without knowledge of how to fix, say, heat exchangers to "have a go". Something I wouldn't do as I haven't a clue how they work. But I would like a boiler that can describe 'what' the problem is, or at least show all internal diagnostics in a really clear way.

I think by now boilers should come with, I dunno, wifi and an app to control them? Am I asking too much? Is there just not a demand for such a thing?

I can't believe it would be too much additional costs since components like wifi chips are dirt cheap.

Just wondering what the best of 'modern' boilers are capable of.

Sponsored Links
Intergas looks very interesting, thanks

I'd always thought Worcester was 'the best' because of the Bosch bit

*waits to be told he shouldn't have bought a crappy Worcetser...

;)

Don't know if yoou can change parameters on the Intergas but you can on some that are on their way. You shouldn't have bought a Worcester.

Sponsored Links
Wooshitter Botch are mediocre at best.

Most boilers can do much more than their manuals imply.

It is down to what controller you connect to them and what you want to achieve.

New Atag have a very impressive controller for single Zone control.

Otherwise, couple an Intergas HRE ECO RF with a cm927 from Honeywell, or if you want multiple zones, a regular HRE with Evohome and a weather sensor.

The system boiler can do Hot water priority using off the shelf products and run the heating in OpenTherm mode for unparalleled efficiency and reliability.

The annual servicing is cheaper and easier over the lifetime of the boiler than any other top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back