Intelligent programmer and weather compensators.

If you are interested Evaluation of Domestic Heating Controls is a report of work done by Strathclyde University on the efficiency of various systems. It is purely theoretical, based on computer modelling of various types of houses, heating systems and controls.

If you are a real "anorak", you can even download the programs used and play around with them yourself.

Sponsored Links
Thanks D_, that's very heavy (hence the long response time :oops: !) but spells out the answers i was looking for....

Now i just need to work out what to do about the customers desire to have a combi in a 4 bed, bath and en-suite and only 12 ltr/min at the mains.....think i know what the answer there is ;)

Anyway, thanks again..

Mark

There was a Trend system managing everything at the college I worked for. The whole lot was controlled from a computer. Trend don't make anything for the domestic market, so it's not much point pointing the OP in that direction.

A BMS controls contractor will assemble a control system for virtually any requirement; Trend & other BMS systems have been fitted in many large (i.e., expensive) houses, but it's not cheap. There are other sismilar systems. A Doorways program wallows access to the system without the cost of a BMS manufacturers head-end software.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back