Intensive plastering courses

You said that you'll 'charge double' when you learn how to plaster.

BTW, nice hobby buying houses.

Sponsored Links
Have to say ive done a 6 week course and have been now plastering for about a year ,never had any customer complain. Not sure why you would have to serve a 4 year apprentership in plastering as i seem to be doing fine. I have served a 4 year apprentershipto be a aircraft technician and that did need 4 years of intence training but plastering sorry but no way.

brist said:
Not sure why you would have to serve a 4 year apprentership in plastering as i seem to be doing fine. I have served a 4 year apprentershipto be a aircraft technician and that did need 4 years of intence training but plastering sorry but no way.

I served a 5 year apprenticeship in mechanical engineering (some time ago!) & totally agree; plastering is a difficult skill to learn & I have a lot of respect for the good guys but it aint rocket science!

brist said:
Have to say ive done a 6 week course and have been now plastering for about a year ,never had any customer complain. Not sure why you would have to serve a 4 year apprentership in plastering as i seem to be doing fine. I have served a 4 year apprentershipto be a aircraft technician and that did need 4 years of intence training but plastering sorry but no way.
.......You don`t need anywhere like 4 years apprenticeship........I did 3 yr. Plumbing way back and a lot of it was carp with lead pipesFFS........My boy did about a month (if you add the separate days up)with his Father-in-Law (been plastering for 40 years)and now he`s as good as most, maybe not as quick, but it brings in a reasonable ££££..........Shame you`re @ the other end of the country, Fred PS he`s left handed, so that can be useful working as a 2man team ;)

Sponsored Links
FredFlintstone said:
You're really not wanted round here. You have very little (if any) positive input, seem to do nothing but abuse people and I suspect do not have the respect of a single member of these forums.
I suspect I'm going to regret writing this, but IMHO joe-90 isn't all bad.

Softus said:
I suspect I'm going to regret writing this, but IMHO joe-90 isn't all bad.

LOL, well that's one member who's proved me wrong. We're all entitled to our opinion Softus and I ain't gonna flame you for saying he's all bad. I personally just haven't seen any positive, informative or helpful posts that's all.

there are far worse than joe-90 on this forum, though i imagine he can be a little bit infuriating.

FredFlintstone said:
I ain't gonna flame you for saying he's all bad.
I didn't say that, but even if I did I don't understand what purpose you think flaming would serve. :confused:

Sorry, I meant for saying he's not all bad. Flaming wouldn't serve any purpose which is why I wouldn't do it. I must have mis-understood why you'd regret saying it.

Regards

Fred

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back