Interesting Downlighter wiring.....with Piccies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been spending some time working with a NIC spark (I'm currently yr3 2330) to get some practical experience.

I know how much everyone loves piccies so I thought I'd share these with you. These were found in a brand new build..... the builder was using his usual subby spark but he 'vanished' before he could certify the completed works....... I wonder why ?

The PIR had two full pages of faults.......... I wish now I'd taken photos of some of the other faults.. including burnt out transformers, 4m main tails run horizontally with no support

This mess was attached to one of four downlighters in the en-suite...... thats 7 T&E cables there with the bare CPCs just twisted together :confused:

downlight1.jpg

This was in the main bathroom, its a wild guess but I'm assuming this isn't the recommended way to cut a downlight hole :rolleyes:

downlight2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hey, not bad!!!

Very similar to the 14 seperate T&E with multiple junction boxes I found buried in the door frame 2 years ago!!!

So the number to beat is 7 in 1, lets start looking, easter egg for the winner

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back