Interesting one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are working on a very busy Stafford main road. First I heard the ambulance siren then I saw the cars pulling on or towards the curbs whilst watching the approaching ambulance in their mirrors. Then (oddly) I watched as the ambulance pulled over just in front of one of the pulled over cars and turn off his siren and his blues and twos.

Odd.

Then I saw the slow procession of a funeral cortege coming in the opposite direction. The ambulance patiently waited whilst the cortege passed, graciously acknowledged by all in the funeral procession.

Sponsored Links
So one dead person might cause the death of another!

My guess is the amb didn't have a critical patient on board

Just trying to cut through the traffic to get home on time.
Possibility of getting reported so pulled over mistakenly thinking the guy in the coffin actually gave a monkeys.

Sponsored Links
What about training the driver?

I suppose they do do that with B&Ts on.

Only police use them for getting home quicker.

Just trying to cut through the traffic to get home on time.
Possibility of getting reported so pulled over mistakenly thinking the guy in the coffin actually gave a monkeys.

Thats a very cynical view of our emergency services.
Do you actually know any ambulance/police/firefighters who have done this or is your assumption based on 'jungle gossip'?
All members of these organisations are fully aware of the consequences if they are discovered, or even suspected, of using these sort of tactics.
Is it really worth losing your job/pensions to try and get home on time/earlier?

Back