Intergas 36/40 low pressure fault reading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Intergas 36/40 boiler (7 years old) has recently started showing the 0.0 fault code and reads a CH pressure of 0.0 when I turn it off. No work has been carried out on the boiler or radiators and it has been working with no problems.

I have tried to increase the pressure through the refill valve but no change in pressure occurs.

I have also bled the radiators (no significant air released).

Prior to taking the steps above, the central heating would still work when required, but now the CH is permanently off.

Any thoughts or help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Pressure sensor is blocked, sometims can be cleaned but better to replace, very common problem with your boiler

Thanks, Ian, I suspected that the pressure sensor was the fault.

Do you have an idea of how much this will cost? I called the engineer who installed it and left a message (5 days ago) but no reply yet. I see on the Intergas website that they have a repair service.

I must admit that I've never had the boiler serviced. Would regular servicing prevent this sort of fault?

Many thanks in advance.

Regular servicing will definitely benefit your boiler, although pressure sensors tend to fail due to poor system water quality rather than maintenance issues. It should be noted that your model has a service recall notice on it which should be addressed ASAP, to replace the burner door seal with an upgraded version.

Replacing your pressure sensor should cost around £100+vat

Sponsored Links
Regular servicing will definitely benefit your boiler, although pressure sensors tend to fail due to poor system water quality rather than maintenance issues. It should be noted that your model has a service recall notice on it which should be addressed ASAP, to replace the burner door seal with an upgraded version.

Replacing your pressure sensor should cost around £100+vat

Thanks, Andrew. Wow, I didn't know about the service recall, should I contact Intergas about this?

Many thanks, Ian and Andrew.

It appears that, having checked the serial number on the plate underneath the boiler, I actually have a 36/30! (The paperwork that I had been left by the engineer wrongly stated that it was a 36/40 and I now can't remember whether it was actually specified which 36 KW boiler was being installed). My apologies for wasting your time.

Out of interest, is there much difference between the 36/30 and the 36/40?

Thanks

Many thanks, Ian and Andrew.

It appears that, having checked the serial number on the plate underneath the boiler, I actually have a 36/30! (The paperwork that I had been left by the engineer wrongly stated that it was a 36/40 and I now can't remember whether it was actually specified which 36 KW boiler was being installed). My apologies for wasting your time.
No problem you never wasted my time, it would be a good idea to get the boiler properly serviced thoughwhen you get the pressure sensor replaced, I would call intergas and ask how much for a service then you know it has been done right

No problem you never wasted my time, it would be a good idea to get the boiler properly serviced thoughwhen you get the pressure sensor replaced, I would call intergas and ask how much for a service then you know it has been done right

Yes, those were my thoughts exactly (though, at the same time, I have nothing against a local engineer doing the work and a service, especially if Intergas appear to be extortionate - the biggest problem right now is probably finding someone able to do it, because everyone is 3 months behind on their scheduled jobs).

Yes, those were my thoughts exactly (though, at the same time, I have nothing against a local engineer doing the work and a service, especially if Intergas appear to be extortionate - the biggest problem right now is probably finding someone able to do it, because everyone is 3 months behind on their scheduled jobs).
Try and find someone with Intergas experience, far too many poke and go services done and yours hasnt been serviced in 7 years it will need a strip down service, if you say where you are someone on here might be able to recommend someone

Try and find someone with Intergas experience, far too many poke and go services done and yours hasnt been serviced in 7 years it will need a strip down service, if you say where you are someone on here might be able to recommend someone

Yes, definitely. Intergas has a list of installers, so I was going to try them first. I live in Warwick, happy to take recommendations from anyone on here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back