intergas, bosch or neither?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just moved into a house and well the heating system is interesting from a historical point of view.

the hot water tank is a small 90l ish with a red jacket on, plus some sleeping bags.

the boiler is a more modern wall hung ideal classic with a pilot light no less.

now what to do with it? I was thinking unvented stainless tank 200l+ with 2 immersion heaters, as I have solar pv and will use an immersun type device for hot water in the summer, and keep the boiler until it packs up. as it seems modern boilers are unreliable.

but ive spoken to a plumber at work and he recons bosch boiler, raise the header tank, and get a standard vented hot water tank.

but our maintenance engineer who used to be a plumber has chosen an intergas for his house.

ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Stillwouldn't have anything but the Intergas.

All them lovely parts that go wrong for a past time are missing on an Intergas. "Less parts = less problems" even the HX is 10 x better than anything else on the market.

All them parts?? As far as i can work out. And please correct me if i am wrong but the only moving part they got rid of is the dv. Doesnt the old wb junior have the same amount of moving parts as the gash?? And that wasnt exactly known for its reliability was it?Not having a go at the intergas in any way! In fact i have only ever encountered a few so couldnt really comment on how good they are. They could be amazing for all i know but this less moving parts thing is bs imo

Bypass? THe Pressure sensor doesn't actually do anything either ;).

Pump doesn't do anything in hot water mode.

HEX is nothing like any other bithermic.

Open vented combi anyone? :cool:

Fair comment. Thats me told! As i said i am neutral! And willing and wanting to learn more about the intergas's They just seem to be overhyped on this forum for a boiler that actually has very little market share in the uk. But with the amount of people who swear by them on here they must be doing something right! Just sceptical about the aftersales service

All them parts?? As far as i can work out. And please correct me if i am wrong but the only moving part they got rid of is the dv. Doesnt the old wb junior have the same amount of moving parts as the gash?? And that wasnt exactly known for its reliability was it?Not having a go at the intergas in any way! In fact i have only ever encountered a few so couldnt really comment on how good they are. They could be amazing for all i know but this less moving parts thing is bs imo

Yes they bang on about 4 moving parts - but miss the atributes that really count on this boiler. When u have fitted a shed load & seen the flexibility u get with one range of boiler it then becomes apparent why they are so good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back