Intergas & Chemicals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick one, are there any considerations around which chemicals to use with a new Intergas system in terms of its Alu/copper heat-exchanger?

Its plumbed into a relatively new system comprising all steel radiators and a mixture of copper and plastic piping.

Just want to be sure if/when I do anything I'm not making a schoolboy error. My installer used Fernox products yesterday but I forgot to ask if it was specifically for Intergas or just his choice of brand (I usually use Sentinel products.) I'll check with him again but wanted to get the forum's views (because I'm a typical curious and impatient customer!)

I may be swapping a radiator in the near future so will want to ensure I flush it out with the right products without damaging my nice shiney new boiler - I'd normally use X800 or X400 for flushing but not familiar with Fernox equivalents.

Does it matter or am I over-thinking it? Does it matter if I cross the streams and use Sentinel mixed with Fernox or is this not recommended?

Sponsored Links
Of more importance than inhibitor is the actual water used in an Intergas equipped heating system. I understand that only Holy water should be used that has been personally blessed by Dan Robinson, muggles or dilalio.

The water ways through the heat exchanger are all copper pipes.
Thanks - suspected that might be the case based on what I'd read and imagining how they must be constructed but couldn't find anything to confirm. With that in mind, I guess it doesn't matter which product I use.

Sponsored Links
Quick one, are there any considerations around which chemicals to use with a new Intergas system in terms of its Alu/copper heat-exchanger?

Its plumbed into a relatively new system comprising all steel radiators and a mixture of copper and plastic piping.

Just want to be sure if/when I do anything I'm not making a schoolboy error. My installer used Fernox products yesterday but I forgot to ask if it was specifically for Intergas or just his choice of brand (I usually use Sentinel products.) I'll check with him again but wanted to get the forum's views (because I'm a typical curious and impatient customer!)

I may be swapping a radiator in the near future so will want to ensure I flush it out with the right products without damaging my nice shiney new boiler - I'd normally use X800 or X400 for flushing but not familiar with Fernox equivalents.

Does it matter or am I over-thinking it? Does it matter if I cross the streams and use Sentinel mixed with Fernox or is this not recommended?
Doesn't it recommend a product in the Intergas manual?

Of more importance than inhibitor is the actual water used in an Intergas equipped heating system. I understand that only Holy water should be used that has been personally blessed by Dan Robinson, muggles or dilalio.

I think you will find that only the tears of a unicorn certified by Dan's mum will suffice :D

The intergas guys did say you could pretty much run there boilers on custard regards water quality.

Thanks Ian - I’d forgotten 800 is the fast acting stuff. Not used it in anger actually, just the 400 as I don’t have to worry about getting it out. Suspect I’m getting mixed up with another - there’s a 300 too isn’t there, for new systems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back