intergas flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of questions for you guys who know/have fitted these boilers (combi)

1. is it possible to position the flue adapter which fits on the boiler flue outlet at 45degs? Manual only shows straight towards back of boiler or at 90 degs. to the side

2. if not, with the normal 90 deg. adapter facing back is there room for a 90 deg bend to turn it to the side? i.e If I used this set up would the flue end up inside the wall the boiler is mounted on?

3. (sorry) My understanding of the regs, and I will ask my engineer when I find one, is that the flue must be at least 200mm from eaves. does this mean the outlet, or does it mean the total circumference of the flue. In other words if I keep the flue sticking out past the eaves by 200mm does this comply, although the flue tube, if I can call it that, may be closer than 200mm to the eaves.

being a bit of a pain on this but trying to do as much research on this as I can. The joys of living in the boonies. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dan. Good news on 1&2. back to drawing board on 3 tho I think. Regards

Sponsored Links
Intergas don't like the white part of their flues to be exposed to the elements.

Tony

If you need to position the flue closer to the wall your boiler is hanging on, you can spin the flue to 45degrees and then add a 45 elbow.

That will take you to the wall.

If flueing left off of the boiler, you might need to have a small gap between the boiler and wall so that you don't have a joint in the wall

Edited to say only applicable if you have the mounting jig. Without, there isn't the room

For those of us that know these boilers intimately - the UK published fluing options are infuriating.

:evil: :evil:

Wonder what I have lurking in my magic "legacy" stock box? ;).

Can make a big difference on having a mounting jig or not!

All sorts from when Atmos were selling the HE's. Such a shame they don't have their own boilers :(. The Intergas is flexible - but Atmos let some of us do all sorts of things that most domestic boiler companies would go into convulsions over with regards to fluing etc.

The mounting jigs are a shame, but certainly no worse than the crap that Worcester put out.

Yes, good point.

Both times I've had to do this, it was with the mounting jig.

Thanks for the replies lads. Hooever the confusion is mounting :confused: The reason I reckoned it was 200mm was from intergas install manual. Had another look when Dan said 75mm. Distance b in manual says 75mm from gutters soil pipes or drain pipes. distance c says 200mm from eaves.

Is this distance what intergas deem as ideal or are the building regs slightly more lenient. In other words is the measurements I'm going on intergas's?

Just to confuse the issue even more, if that is possible, :) , I don't have eaves as such more what I would probably term a fascia board. It sticks out from the wall approx 3/4 in to which the gutter is fixed. (old house, 1879 build, yip the engineer's going to have fun getting the flue through there!! :LOL: ) So in this case could I argue if I have to that they are not eaves?

The reason I ask this is, due to medical probs, my days are eh restricted shall we say and at sometime in the future my daughter is going to have to sell my "shack". I don't want her to have any problems because some muppet says yeah I'll get the flue in there no prob guv. and then find some buyers survey starts quibbling about distances. She'll have enough to do so I want all the paperwork correct. Thanks guys. P.s. would go with the mounting jig, seems to make install easier?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back