Intergas Horizontal Telescopic Offset Flue Kit - new piece or can it be "extended" in place

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an intergas hre boiler installed with an intergas horizontal telescopic offset flue kit. The outide wall where the flue is currently will be coming into a leanto.

I wanted to know if the telescopic flue is adjustable in length to clear the lean-to (ie is it just pull on the outside a little or if i need to get someone in to replace the existing piece with an extension?

Sponsored Links
So I gave it a gentle tug yesterday - it has movement of approx 10cm, so i guess that is the telescopic part... Looks like i need to get someone in to extend the flue

No matter what, recommend get a GSR in to sort it out.

TBH the IG telecopic flue shouldn't be able to be pulled and extended like that so easily. IIRC Normally it should be secured with a screw and taped.

Sponsored Links
No matter what, recommend get a GSR in to sort it out.

TBH the IG telecopic flue shouldn't be able to be pulled and extended like that so easily. IIRC Normally it should be secured with a screw and taped.
Defo getting someone in - just wanted to understand the options. I guess I can get them to adjust and secure the telescopic part at the same time!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back