Intergas xtreme 36 ok?

we have a wide bore inlet pipe which I believe is 25mm.
That is equiv to 22mm. I assume you have decent flow and pressure. Flow is easy to gauge by filling a bucket and timing it. Pipe up as I described.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It just won't give you a skin tingling 3bar mixer shower @ 20+L/Min, which is exactly what a lot of people want.
As I wrote, you need to get up to speed about aerated Raindance showers and how mains pressure systems are piped up. You are nearly there. The Raindance has a 9/litre/min drencher shower head. I personally used one and it is very good indeed surprising me. No drenchers have skin tingling performance.

https://www.rsfbathrooms.co.uk/Onli...i9vVupNbxbt5hrwhqhLwEn_v5OEuVVdxoC8rYQAvD_BwE

The 9 litres/min Raindance drencher. Yes 9 litres/min:

c782401d83cc24cd883ec6ad4b3b986f.jpg

Last edited:
is there any benefit to using manifolds? I hadn't even considered using 2 combi's so it's definitely in the mix now, particularly from a space viewpoint. Have you a rough idea what the cost implication of installing such a system would be versus a conventional one? Thanks.
Manifolds are used in new builds in France. They acts as balancing the system and quicker HW to taps as the pipe can be 10mm to kitchen and basins. Each pipe from the manifold can be flow regulated at the manifold and isolated if need be. You can do without manifolds of course (they may take up space), however the pipes will need to be a generally larger bore.

With two combis you divide and rule. Two combis gives simple zoning. In your case you could have one doing UFH only, set to say 45C flow temp for the floors, which would be running very efficiently being at a low temp. The other, the rest of the upstairs rads, set to a higher flow temp of 60C or so. Simple.

Have one combi do one bathroom, one the other. Simple. However, join the DHW outlets of both combis for the bath taps (using check valves so one combi does not influence or backfeed on the other) - filling the bath will have both combis full on. When having a shower in one bathroom, anyone having a shower in the other is not affected.

http://www.builderdepot.co.uk/inter...qdKC_LbNvNvF1KwnIW71RrnqssZOGItgaAjmSEALw_wcB

Inc VAT: £590.40, for two double it of course. Could get a deal with the supplier for buying two. No expensive space consuming extras such as cylinder stats, zone valves and all the associated pipework. The Intergas Rapid comes with integrated time clock and even weather compensation if you want to use it. So the UFH can be on and the rads off, and they can come on and off at different times being independent of each other. Multiple combis is perfectly suited for your requirements.

Doing it this way you divide and rule. You are eliminating complexity.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Dannyboy this has already been addressed. The Intergas only has four moving parts. The running costs in gas bills will be lower, as one combi will be running at very low highly efficient temps.

A 145 litre megaflo unvented cylinder, which is not an option here, costs more than a 25kW Intergas Rapid, then the zone valves, piping, wiring, etc, on top as well - and they need an annual service which costs. So two services.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/heatrae-...ented-hot-water-cylinder-145ltr-2-x-3kw/987fp

Last edited:
Fantastic Dannyboy, "idiot" is being used. Even using the word "idiot" he still didn't get it. Sad of course.

Last edited:
He could go for a higher flow rate wall mounted stored water combi (they tend to be big!). However more complexity, space taking, and expense of zoning valves, etc. I would go for the two combis, as they naturally fall into UFH and rads for each combi, and one each does a bathroom each as well. Simple to fit and design as essentially two independent simple systems. Divide and rule.

Last edited:
@bobbidill , as I mentioned before - no one can recommend anything feasible about your hot water to you without a base set of facts about what you want and what your mains will deliver, all the ideas up to now are based on supposition.

Sorry to complicate things but you really need a dynamic reading ..... cold water running at one outlet while measuring at another. Can you tee off the single outlet you have just to create a temp 2nd outlet?
We're going to get hold of the hardware we need to do this and then we'll measure that static and dynamic flow and pressure. I'll post them later this week, once we have obtained them.

@bobbidill , as I mentioned before - no one can recommend anything feasible about your hot water to you without a base set of facts about what you want and what your mains will deliver, all the ideas up to now are based on supposition.
@
bobbidill has given what he has and wants and does not want (an unvented cylinder), except his cold mains water flow rate and dynamic pressure, but gave the size of the main pipe which is a big one. Mains pressure systems are all dependent on the cold water mains and what it can deliver - that is a given prerequisite, that is obvious. However, with a 25mm cold water main I would be surprised if it was not fine at the point of entry to the property. It is piping it up properly from the entry point, however I gave a guide for that.

No supposition, as the details were given, just an assumption that the 25mm main pipe can deliver the flow, which the flow needs to be measured of course. One thing is clear is that plumbers cannot magically make space in a house to fit in large unvented cylinders.

Last edited:
Ignore all the fluff on this thread and fit an Xtreme if you want the ultimate efficiency or I would personally go for an Xclusive 36kW The only thing missing is the flue gas recovery but it comes with ten years warranty.

Oh and HW all current Intergas boilers are capable of running twin temp zones and will control the switching between them - the new ones even accept two Opentherm inputs

Two boilers is a terrible idea...............

Ignore all the fluff on this thread and fit an Xtreme if you want the ultimate efficiency or I would personally go for an Xclusive 36kW The only thing missing is the flue gas recovery but it comes with ten years warranty.

Oh and HW all current Intergas boilers are capable of running twin temp zones and will control the switching between them - the new ones even accept two Opentherm inputs

Two boilers is a terrible idea...............
At a DHW Flow Rate of ΔT 35°C litres/min = 13.50
Are you having a laugh! That is going to do two bathrooms is it? Struth! Then all the zone valves, piping and wiring you need to split the systems, which takes up spaces and gives complexity.

I hope you do not design systems. If you are attempting to push Intergas boilers, do not comment on these things as they will all run.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back