Intermediate pull switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bungalow I moved into 2 years ago had no two way switches in the bedrooms and a loft conversion makes access difficult to switches etc. As the switches were all wired in 3core + earth and I could get at the light from above, I converted to two way by rerouting the 3 way cable to a two way ceiling switch, together with feed and load. Now, in the main bedroom it is possible to put the bed in different positions, so I want to add an additional ceiling switch. As I cannot get to rewire the wall switch I cannot just change that to an intermediate. Any suggestions? TIA

Sponsored Links
never seen one and google doesn't seem to be turning anything up.

using a relay could be an option.

You've answered your own question: intermediate pull switch. If you can't find one, just use a 2 way pull switch. You won't have the bed in two positions at once, so wire the two 2 way pull switches in parrallel with each other.

Adding a third switch in paralell to the two two way switches in a pair will NOT have the desired affect.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back