Intermediate switch.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having trouble finding anything more than a 1-gang intermediate light switch.
Ideally, I want a 3-gang "Chelsea" polished brass finished intermediate switch, but if I could find any 3-gang intermediate switch I may be able to work something out.
Does anyone know if a 3-gang intermediate switch is available and if so, where I could get one from?

Thanks.

Paul

Sponsored Links
pixey said:
I am having trouble finding anything more than a 1-gang intermediate light switch.
Ideally, I want a 3-gang "Chelsea" polished brass finished intermediate switch, but if I could find any 3-gang intermediate switch I may be able to work something out.
Does anyone know if a 3-gang intermediate switch is available and if so, where I could get one from?

Thanks.

Paul

your probably lookin at gridswitchs. intermediate aint too popular, especially polished brass 3G types

That problem sound familiar :)
2 possible solutions a) re-route the cables so that the intermediates aren't in the block of 3 but the 'normal' ones are. b) If you've the space, install multiple single gang ones, rather than a single 3 gang one.

Click do modular white switches (not grid type) where you choose which switch modules you want, and fit them in a frontplate.

Failing that MK do Edge in a grid style. The plates are thin like Chelsea so should be a near match. But MK Edge is chuffin' expensive....

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Click do modular white switches (not grid type) where you choose which switch modules you want, and fit them in a frontplate.

Failing that MK do Edge in a grid style. The plates are thin like Chelsea so should be a near match. But MK Edge is chuffin' expensive....

Thanks. Where could I get the modular white switches from? I am not sure what you mean by " grid" type switch. Does it work like an intermediate?
If MK do a 3-gang grid switch that did the job, although expensive I would get one as I only need one.

Thanks.

Paul

I think the "click modular switches" may be my best option, after looking up the "grid" system, but I can't find where to get the "click modular switches" from.
Can you help please?

Paul

securespark said:

securespark, do you know where I can find these please? I have searched but can't find.

Thanks.

Paul

Pixey
These are MK Electric products. Any good elctrical wholesaler should be able to order them for you. Failing that contact MK for the address of a local dealer.
www.mkelectric.co.uk

Sorry, I ment to delete the last part of the copied txt -

This is the type that I can't find. Anyone know where I can find these?

Paul

Thanks for the reply, I will have a look and hopefully these should do the job.

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back