Intermittent leak under sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've had a small glass sink fitted with a chrome trap underneath. When the plumber fitted it, it leaked from the top of the trap. The plumber tightened everything up and it seemed to stop.

We went away for a few days and when we returned and used it, it leaked again - same place. Plumber came back, took it to bits, etc and the leak stopped.

We've just been away again and after I used it last night it leaked again !

Is it possible that maybe the rubber washer is drying out and causing the leak - or am I talking rubbish ? I don't even know if there is a washer in it.

Any ideas as to why is starts and stops ?

Sponsored Links
Defo not the washer.
Obviously something wrong, but nothing obviously wrong. :D

Sponsored Links
Well I don't know what the problem is but it's driving me mad. I ran the tap last night and there was a small drip but nothing more. The water seems to be coming from one of the connections under the sink, not the one directly underneath but the next one down. But as I said earlier, the more I use it the less it leaks !

Guess that's my answer, but it would be nice to know what the problem is. Plumber couldn't find anything wrong, but as you said there is something wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back