Intermittent tamper with veritas R8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About every 2 - 3 months alarm goes off with tamper fault, tamper in the panel is not connected at all (Just bridged), tried a brand new battery but that's not done the job, is this looking like the fault lies with the bell box ??, have also checked that the tamper spring on the panel sits OK.

Sponsored Links
Fault finding for tamper on that panel is process of limitation.
You have global tamper,tamper switch on pcb,tamper switch on remote keypad and bell tamper.
You have already linked out global tamper circuit
Link out bell tamper next.This will leave panel and keypad springs
Check spring on panel and remote keypad.

Thanks for the reply, keypad tamper is not used, not 100% sure how to link out the bell box, can you advise the 2 contacts I need to bridge.

Edit... keypad tamper is connected, just took the cover off and it activated the sounder.

Last edited:
Link between D and C on bell connection
If you have a remote keypad fitted then the tamper for the keypad will be connected via the data bus TR+-

Sponsored Links
Thanks, have got 2 keypads connected, just took the covers off both of them to check the springs, think one of them might be the cause, have now refitted and will wait to see what happens, if it does it again I will link out the bell box.

Thank you.

you can do a basic vent log check or a walk test check, when the tamper is displayed you press (omit) I think would have to check the manual not done it in ages, the tamper fault will then display a number, that number relates to where the tamper is coming from.

1 = bell and global tamper
2 = power fault
3 = lid tamper again the actual list is displayed in the manual explaining what each one is for the number displayed, this can help save some time by looking in the right place for the fault.

this may be available as a master user or engineer and may depend on the firmware in the unit.

intermittent faults are often the hardest to find.

Hi, Yes I found some info on tamper faults before I started this thread, unfortunately I reset the alarm before finding the info. This is what needed to be done ..............

Veritas tamper light. How do I find out what caused it?
The Veritas alarm has 5 possible types of tamper faults. To find out which one you have, set-up WALK TEST mode.

To set up in WALK TEST, you need to enter your four digit user code + [PROG] + [0] [6] . The system is now in walk test mode.

If the Tamper light is on and the panel beeps 9 times, you can use the ‘extended display’ to reveal more information about a source of tamper fault(s). To toggle between the normal display and extended display press [OMIT]. The extended display is distinguished from normal display by the UNSET light being off.

When you’re in ‘extended display’ the zone numbers translate as follows:

• No. 1: Bell tamper, including Global system tamper
  • No. 3: Panel lid tamper
  • No. 4: line monitor
  • No. 5: remote keypad is off-line
  • No. 8: end of line zones tamper
To end the WALK TEST press [RESET] twice.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back